Friday, May 10, 2013

Last Minute Mother's Day Ideas

Mother's day is just two days away and I have to admit, I have not found time to get my mom anything on her special day. I searched online for many last minute gift ideas and frankly, this article was the most helpful and creative. So I want to share that with you.

Last-Minute Mother's Day Gift Ideas That Mom Will Actually Appreciate (from the Huffington Post) http://huff.to/179By4q

The jar of compliments is genius. My mom loves that I get creative with things and she'll surely love that. I can't thank her enough for everything she's doing for me.

I also need to figure out where to take my mom to eat or what to make her. Since I'm a food lover, this is actually more important to me than an actual gift. My mom taught me so much about cooking and food that she's a huge part of why it's a passionate thing to me. In the past, these were my best meal ideas for Mother's day:


  • Breakfast in bed - who doesn't love that? Wake up earlier than mom and whip up some pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast-- the whole nine yards! Make some fresh juice or pour her a glass of iced tea to go with it. If you have a garden outside, pick out a flower and add it to the side of the breakfast tray to add style.
  • Breakfast for dinner - at my house, this is a big deal. We never really ate together as a family in the mornings since we had different schedules, but my mom always had us eat dinner as a family. So from time to time we'd have breakfast for dinner to have a feel of breakfast as a family.
  • Make her favorite meal for dinner - anything homemade will truly make a mother smile. ANYTHING. It's the thought that counts.
  • Take her to her favorite restaurant - you can't go wrong with that. My mom loves Marie Calender but we only go on her birthday. Why not go twice a year on Mother's Day too?
  • Take her to a place she's never been but have always wanted to go or you would think she loves
  • Take her to a place that reminds her of home (If you don't currently live in your mom's hometown) - My mom is from the Philippines so she loves it when we find a nice filipino restaurants nearby. Whenever she eats there, it reminds her so much of home (and I know she misses it).
So many things to choose from, but I think I have an idea about my mom's mother's day meal. Well, I hope you all have a lovely Mother's day with your mom's!

Angeli


No comments:

Post a Comment