Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happy National Wine Day!

May 25 is National Wine Day.

I'm raising my glass to all of you bloggers, foodies, friends and strangers out there who read our blog. Thank you!

When I turned 21, the first thing I wanted to ever taste was wine. I watched so many films when I was younger and noticed how sophisticating, social and just plain happy gatherings were when people were sipping wine and chatting merrily. So I figured something had to be up with wine. Even growing up and going to church on Sundays, wine was something sacred. So since my 21st birthday, I discovered, experienced and shared the wine I tasted and the foods I paired it with. I still can't ever remember what to pair the exact wine with the food I eat, but that's what my friend Matt is for - my personal wine aficionado. The only rules I ever remembered were to pair white wines with white meat, seafood and light food and pair red wines with red and dark meat or heavy meals. But when you're a wine enthusiast like my friend Matt, there are certain wines for every food. Here's a nice chart to refer to when you want to pair your wines this three day weekend.

For a larger view of this image click here

Whether you drink alone or with friends this National Wine Day and for the rest of the weekend, here's to you. Thanks for reading and have a great memorial weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment