Wednesday, August 29, 2012

You Don't Have to be Vegan to Love Native Foods Cafe


 

I was having lunch with a couple of friends and we wanted to try something vegetarian/vegan, to take a break from our carnivorous lives. Since we all worked in Costa Mesa/Santa Ana, we decided to take a hit at The Camp. The Camp itself is an amazing place, but right now I want to focus on a particular eatery there: Native Foods.
We’ve been to other vegetarian/vegan restaurants but by far, Native Foods was all around the best for a group of meat-eaters. Nice space, very open yet close, décor nice, no lights, just sun (this was lunch time) the cashiers were friendly and fast to sign us up, free drink right then and there, it’s a self serve refill drink station but servers are always kind continuously going to you and getting your refill for you. Ask for a to-go cup before you leave. One of my friends was going to ask our server for a to-go cup, but he beat us all to it and gave all of us to-go before she even got a chance to ask. Now that's what I call service!

Twister Wrap
Our asked us if we were first timers at Native Foods and if we were vegan or not. Usually people are reluctant to call themselves first timers, let alone vegan, so we were sort of hesitant to answer. It wasn't because we were shy or embarrassed, just usually whenever we dined at a healthy/meat free environment we got different vibes. (But as you've noticed in my blogs, I'm starting to shed out of that shell and be more comfortable wherever I dine out). We said yes but that did not stop him from giving us optimum service. He welcomed us, explained the first time friendly dishes and offered us his assistance if we needed any. We decided to try the twister wrap, nuevo nachos and chicken burger. These items for specifically marked as first time popular dishes, plus I've seen reviews of these particular entree's online as well. Our food came not more than 10-15 minutes later. The food looked and tasted great, wouldn’t even know it’s not real meat, wouldn’t even think it’s vegan, (some) gluten-free AND healthy. 
Nuevo Nachos

This was truly a great experience. I'm surely going to be a repeat customer. If you're on your meatless/healthy days and you're looking for something healthy and delicious, I recommend  you try out Native Foods Cafe. You'll barely notice this place is vegan. Native Foods gets 5 stars in my book for my healthy eating with their delicious entrees and 5 stars for leaving me with a smile on my face for happy living.

This Native Foods Cafe is located at The Camp in Costa Mesa (Next to South Coast Plaza). Visit their website at www.nativefoods.com for a location near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment