Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Moroccan never tasted so good


Last Saturday DishClips hosted a Dine-With-DishClips event at Asha Moroccan & Mediterranean Kitchen in Long Beach. It turnedout to be a lot more popular that we had planned and some of our foodie fans had to wait nearly two hours to get seated. But the food was well worth the wait (For those of you who waited ). After nearly an hour of waiting outside we snagged a tiny table by the entrance and got busy. My favorite was the Batatas which are crispy fried potatoes sautéed in our home-made cilantro and garlic sauce. I could eat an order of these on my own, oh wait, I did! The lighting is not very picture friendly at Asha.
Batatas

Next up was the Grape Leaves which have extra lean ground beef, rice, tomatoes, and mint rolled in a grape leaf and are slowly cooked with lemon juice. I like the idea of beef in grape leaves. Most places just stuff them with veggies which is nice but for us carnivores it leaves a bit to be desired.
Grape Leaves

The Lamb with Prune and Chicken with Potatoes should have a more fancy name to match the fancy taste. I'm very big into lamb and I have to say that this was one of the better dishes I've had in Southern California (I'll save my lamb exploits in New Zealand for another post).



 If you're ever in the Long Beach area Asha is your best bet for Moroccan food. Don't forget the extra garlic sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Great event! Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete