Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chicken Maison: Healthy Mediterranean Cuisine


Even though I’ve lived in the Orange County area for quite some time now, I only really exposed myself to the eateries in about a 5-mile radius from my house and CSUF. Since I work in Santa Ana/Costa Mesa, I asked colleagues where the good eats were. One of them told me to try Chicken Maison. Do you know a person whom you trust their judgment before trying something out?  Like a food maven? Well I’ve got a friend just like that. I told her about Chicken Maison and she checked it out for lunch one day. First thing she said was that the place was dubbed “Healthy Mediterranean” but we’ll be the judges of that. She could tell it was healthy because she said that she didn’t have that “super full” feeling after lunch but she was more than satisfied with her meal. That’s really all it took for me to crave it so the next day I had lunch with a colleague at Chicken Maison. 


Menu at Chicken Maison

We both ordered the ¼ chicken with 2 sides and pita bread for $7 (about $1 more for lemon or spicy-lemon flavored). We decided to get 4 different sides to try a variety. The sides were Greek coleslaw, potato salad a la Maison, hummus, and Maison whole rice. It was respectable to say the least. I asked the owner, who just happened to be my server, how he makes his food so tasty and healthy. His secret: he doesn’t use mayonnaise (which takes away about 1000 calories per 100g of food) but rather uses a tart and very light vinaigrette and his sides are always fresh. The chicken was very moist and flavorful even without the sauce (complimentary on the side), which made it better. It’s pretty cheap for the price of the food but the service was nothing short of friendly and quick.

So on to my checklist: Chicken Maison is in fact delicious. It really is healthy eating. And I left with a smile on my face and a satisfied belly.  Go try Chicken Maison for some Healthy Mediterranean Cuisine and add a check mark to your happy living as well.


Check out www.ChickenMaison.com for a location nearest you. They even do catering!

No comments:

Post a Comment