Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fuji Grill: A New Way To Experience Sushi


Imagine your favorite sushi and all the contents mixed together in a bowl. Enjoy the authentic taste of sushi but experience it differently.



Fuji Grill is a fast dining restaurant with authentic Japanese food. Although their teriyaki and rice bowls are popular, it’s their sushi bowls that caught my attention. Yes, you heard me right. Sushi. In a bowl. I couldn’t pass up this opportunity to try an Alaskan roll in a bowl. I went here with my cousin for lunch one day after feeling the need to eat healthy since she went to the Orange County Fair the day before.

Half and Half Sushi Bowl
She and I ordered the Alaskan bowl (Alaskan Roll: Salmon (sashimi), Imitation Crab, Rice) and the Half and Half bowl (spicy tuna roll and a California roll in one: spicy tuna, imitation crab, sliced avocado, rice). Along with the bowl comes a side of edamame, which just hits the spot as an appetizer before moving on to the main course. It was a burst of flavor. I mixed the ginger and a dime size of wasabi (just the way I’d make a dipping bowl for my sushi) and sprinkled it with a few layers of soy sauce, sirachi sauce, and their house teriyaki sauce and dug in. WOW. It never thought I could love sushi even more. Yeah, it’s just as great in a bowl like it is as rolls. Granted Rolls as very much cleaner, faster and easier to eat, but if you have the time and want to eat portions of your favorite roll then I recommend trying Fuji Grill.


Alaskan Bowl
Fear not, they do have sushi rolls as well as salad bowls. I love sushi and all kinds of Japanese food. If their bowls are fresh, I would highly think the rest of their menu items are worth trying. My bowl, along with a drink (buy separately) came up to $10. About the same amount you’d pay for a roll, plus it was fast dining and a healthy meal. And to think they couldn’t be any healthier, you can substitute brown rice with any bowl.  Took a liking to brown rice, or at least now I tolerate it and appreciate how healthy it really is. But I tell ya, the brown rice is just a space filler to the meat/fish of your bowl. It’s just a filling, you’ll barely even notice the difference, you’ll just realize that you’re eating something healthy and delicious.








Fuji Grill is located in Orange County with 11 locations, 3 more coming soon. Find one near you, It’s healthy eating, delicious tasting and will surely make you feel the happy living J
www.fujigrill.net

1 comment:

  1. This place is one of my favorites, love the super bowl that comes with teriyaki chicken, beef, and a shrimp tempura on top

    ReplyDelete