Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I vote for Wings n' Things!


Election day is here and Americans across the country are hitting the polls with thoughts of Big Bird, bayonets, and binders full of women in their minds. I, however, am hitting the polls with thoughts of Wings N’ Things, Huntington Beach’s Buffalo wing mainstay for authentic, indelible, appetite provoking wings and, well, things. But besides the fact that Wings N’ Things serves the tastiest Buffalo meat, heartiest portions, and precision spiced sauces, there is one thing more important today about Wings N’ Things’ small business in Huntington Beach.

Just short of a year ago, Wings N’ Things experienced a small kitchen fire that left the restaurant in a state of paralysis for almost a year. Though the fire itself was small and central to the kitchen, the smoke damage that accompanied it was much more severe . . .and defiling. With small-business being a pivotal impetus of this years election, my hat goes off to small-business Wings N’ Things and their perseverance, attrition, and commitment to their community during this unfortunate hardship.

Needless to say, Wings N’ Things is now Re-Opened, and just as scintillating as the first time I sat down to indulge my taste buds almost 12 years ago. And of all the times I ate at Wings’ N’ Things over the years to celebrate personal victories and sports achievements, and revel and banter with close friends and family, this particular visit was a celebration of Wings N’ Things long-awaited return to my community. So naturally, I ordered 75 wings . . .






1 comment: